The hydrophobicity of the low energy surface of organic composites is the main reason for the excellent wet stain resistance of composite insulators. In severe weather conditions such as heavy fog, light rain, dew, snow melting, and ice melting, separated water droplets are formed on the surface of the composite insulator rather than a continuous water film. The conductivity of the pollution layer is very low, so the leakage current is also very small and does not easily occur strongly. Local arcs and local arcs are also difficult to develop further and cause external insulation flashovers. After running for a period of time, the surface area of the composite insulator is contaminated, and the hydrophobic property can be migrated to the surface of the smear layer. The characteristics of the silicone rubber material are unique. Under the same pollution degree, the pollution flash voltage can reach more than twice the same leakage distance of the composite polymeric insulator.
The equivalent diameter of a common rod-shaped suspension composite insulator is much smaller than that of a conventional polymer suspension insulator and composite post insulator, which is also an important reason for its excellent stain resistance performance. Under unfavorable conditions, water repellency may be reduced or lost due to electrical, environmental, etc. stress, but its equivalent diameter will not be thickened, so the pollution flash voltage will still maintain a high level.
- Composite Insulator Classification
- The History Of Composite Insulators
- The Role Of Insulators
- Structure And Characteristics Of Composite Insu...
- Insulators Shipped To Turkey
- Vietnamese Customers Visit Lishui Factory
- Composite insulators shipped to Kenya
- Insulator Inspection
- Develop New Equipment
- How Does The Composite Insulator Resist Pollution?
- The Benefits Of Composite Insulators Installed ...
- The Advantages Of Composite Insulators（3）
- Composite Insulator Operating Life
- The Advantages Of Composite Insulators（4）
- Performance Of Composite Insulators
- Voltage Distribution Characteristics On Insulat...
- You Should Know This About Insulators
- The Development Process And Manufacturing Level...
- Pillar, Hollow Porcelain Insulator And Porcelai...
- Railway Insulators Exported To European Countries