In the same way, short circuit protection can be achieved.
The principle of the fuse is that the conductor will be heated by the current flowing through the conductor, and the conductor will melt after the melting point of the conductor, so that the circuit will not be burnt out by the circuit protection. It's an accumulation of heat, so overload protection can also be achieved. Replace the melt once the melt is burned.
Circuit breaker can also achieve line short circuit and overload protection, but the principle is not the same, it is through the bottom of the current magnetic (electromagnetic trip) to realize open circuit protection, overload protection was achieved by the heating effect of the current (not fuse, without replacement devices). In practice, when the electrical load in the circuit is close to the load of the fuse used, the fuse will gradually heat up until it is fused. As mentioned above, the fuse of the fuse is the result of the combination of current and time to protect the line. It is a one-off. And the current in the circuit breaker is the circuit suddenly increase, more than the load on the circuit breaker, will automatically disconnect, it is a moment of circuit current increase the protection, such as when the leakage is large, or short circuit, or the protection of the instantaneous current is large. When the cause is identified, the switch can be continued. As mentioned above, the fuse of the fuse is the result of a combination of current and time, and the circuit breaker, as long as the current is over its set value, will trip, and the time effect can hardly be considered. Circuit breaker is a common component of low voltage distribution. There are also parts of it that are suitable to use a fuse.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Advantages of glass insulators
- The distinction between ceramic insulators and ...
- Use and structure of suspension porcelain insul...
- How the fuse works
- Common types of fuse
- Structural characteristics of the fuse
- Maintenance of fuse
- The main advantages and characteristics of the ...
- The scope of the arrester
- The role of a lightning conductor
- How is the anti pollution effect of composite i...
- Application of High Voltage Indoor Post Insulat...
- The role of composite post insulators（2)
- Electrified railway insulators
- The role of composite post insulators (3)
- Transmission and distribution line insulator flush
- The performance of insulator