The main purpose of the water penetration test for insulators is to check the tightness of the insulator. The insulator is soaked in water for twenty-four hours. After drying, the DC voltage of 40 kV is measured. The leakage current of the composite insulator before and after water immersion should not be increased. More than 5μA.
The above experiments are carried out only by extracting 4-5% of the insulator, but the appearance inspection needs to be performed for each insulator.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Advantages of glass insulators
- The distinction between ceramic insulators and ...
- Use and structure of suspension porcelain insul...
- How the fuse works
- Common types of fuse
- Structural characteristics of the fuse
- Maintenance of fuse
- The difference between a fuse and a circuit breake
- The main advantages and characteristics of the ...
- The scope of the arrester
- Insulator hydrophobicity detection
- Discrimination of composite insulator hydrophob...
- Contamination measurement
- Mechanical damage load test
- Transmission line
- Classification of transmission lines
- The transmission line feature
- Method for reducing corridors of high-voltage o...
- Compact Overhead Transmission Line
- Transmission And Distribution Line