The appearance of the composite insulator can directly reflect whether the insulator is defective. In the visual inspection, the shed of the composite insulator and the sheath and the adhesive are inspected. The aging condition of the observation period and the corrosion of the end are as follows. In the case, the insulator is a direct scrap product.
1 The shed is catalyzed by corrosion and ruptured.
2 Electrical or electrical traces appear on the shed and sheath, and all of its length is greater than one tenth of the creepage distance of the insulator or that the etched depth is greater than 30% of the material layer at the designed location.
3 Degumming sealant failure degumming occurs.
4 water repellency decreased.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Advantages of glass insulators
- The distinction between ceramic insulators and ...
- Use and structure of suspension porcelain insul...
- How the fuse works
- Common types of fuse
- Structural characteristics of the fuse
- Maintenance of fuse
- The difference between a fuse and a circuit breake
- The main advantages and characteristics of the ...
- The scope of the arrester
- Insulator mechanical load test
- Insulator Drop experiment
- Insulator Water Seepage Test
- Insulator hydrophobicity detection
- Discrimination of composite insulator hydrophob...
- Contamination measurement
- Mechanical damage load test
- Transmission line
- Classification of transmission lines
- The transmission line feature