The arrester is connected between the cable and the earth, usually in parallel with the protected equipment. The arrester can effectively protect the communication equipment. Once the abnormal voltage appears, the arrester will act and act as a protective effect. When the communication cable or equipment is operating under normal operating voltage, the arrester does not produce a function and is regarded as a broken path to the ground. Once appear, high voltage, and endanger the protected equipment insulation, lightning arrester action immediately, the high voltage surge current leads to the earth, and the limiting voltage amplitude, protection of communication cables and equipment insulation. When the overvoltage is gone, the arrester is quickly restored and the communication line works normally.
therefore, is the main purpose of lightning arrester through parallel nonlinear resistance, discharge gap or to cut picture of invasion of flow, reduce overvoltage protection device is by value, so as to protect the communication lines and equipment.
The lightning arrester not only can be used to protect the high voltage generated by lightning, but also can be used to protect the operation of high voltage.
The role of the lightning arrester is to protect electrical equipment in the power system from lightning.
Voltage, operating overvoltage, working frequency transient overvoltage shock and damage of an electrical appliance. The type of arrester mainly includes protection clearance, valve type arrester and zinc oxide arrester. Protection clearance is mainly used to limit atmospheric overvoltage, generally used in power distribution system, line and substation protection. Valve type lightning arrester with zinc oxide lightning arrester used for the protection of the substation and power plant, the system is mainly used for 500 kv and below, limit over-voltage of atmosphere in the ultra-high pressure system will be used to limit overvoltage and inner overvoltage backup protection.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Advantages of glass insulators
- The distinction between ceramic insulators and ...
- Use and structure of suspension porcelain insul...
- How the fuse works
- Common types of fuse
- Structural characteristics of the fuse
- Maintenance of fuse
- The difference between a fuse and a circuit breake
- The main advantages and characteristics of the ...
- The scope of the arrester
- How is the anti pollution effect of composite i...
- Application of High Voltage Indoor Post Insulat...
- The role of composite post insulators（2)
- Electrified railway insulators
- The role of composite post insulators (3)
- Transmission and distribution line insulator flush
- The performance of insulator
- History of composite insulators
- The basic role of composite insulators
- Classification of composite insulators