Glass insulator, Toughened glass insulator (English name: Toughened glass bead), Toughened glass insulator products used in high pressure and ultra-high voltage ac and dc transmission line and suspension wire with insulation. Early years of toughened glass insulators for more poles, slowly development in high type high voltage wires to hang a lot at the end of the disc insulators, it is to increase the creepage distance, usually made of glass or ceramic call insulator. The use of glass insulators can cancel the electrified periodic preventive tests carried out by insulators during operation. This is because every damage to the tempered glass can cause damage to the insulator, which is easy to find when the operator is on the line. When the insulator is damaged, the glass fragment near the steel cap and the iron foot is stuck, and the mechanical strength of the remaining part of the insulator is enough to prevent the insulator string from breaking off. It is convenient to maintain and test the line with glass insulator, so the glass insulator is widely used in transmission line.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Advantages of glass insulators
- Use and structure of suspension porcelain insul...
- How the fuse works
- Common types of fuse
- Structural characteristics of the fuse
- Maintenance of fuse
- The difference between a fuse and a circuit breake
- The main advantages and characteristics of the ...
- The scope of the arrester
- The role of a lightning conductor
- How is the anti pollution effect of composite i...