Insulators or bushings of high-voltage transmission and transformation equipment contaminated with filth (industrial contamination, salt, etc.), when exposed to moisture (especially fog, dew, frost or light snow), the flashover voltage is significantly reduced, even at the flashover of the electrical equipment at the operating voltage causes a serious accident.
This condition is called pollution flashover and can be prevented by improving the insulation design and regular cleaning.
When a destructive discharge occurs along a solid insulating surface in a gas or liquid dielectric, this is called flashover. Common is the flashover that occurs along the interface between gas and solid dielectrics. For example,a destructive discharge along the surface of the insulator string along the surface of the bushing is called flashover. Therefore, the word flashover is limited to the discharge of special conditions.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Advantages of glass insulators
- The distinction between ceramic insulators and ...
- Use and structure of suspension porcelain insul...
- How the fuse works
- Common types of fuse
- Structural characteristics of the fuse
- Maintenance of fuse
- The difference between a fuse and a circuit breake
- The main advantages and characteristics of the ...
- The scope of the arrester
- Surface discharge and solid medium electric field
- Insulator discharge
- Insulator Flashover Breakdown
- Improve Insulator Flash Method
- Insulator Pre-discharge Process
- Insulator pre-discharge flashover effect
- The overview of Creepage distance
- Definition of creepage distance
- Application of creepage distance (1)
- Application of creepage distance (2)